Sunday, October 05, 2014

Wag that tail!

What's happier than a Miata? How about a Miata with a tail?


Dave helped me work through a backlog of Miata projects today. I installed power mirrors, a new antenna, a new shift boot (black leather with red stitching), and best of all - a tail!



I have always wanted one of these rear spoilers on my Miatas. Finally! I got the piece from a junkyard on eBay and spray-bombed it stain black.



A couple weeks ago I finished up a couple big Miata projects as well. I pulled the crappy old radio and installed a new ipod-friendly radio, so I can finally listen to my tunes.



 And since everything was apart for the radio install I decided it was time to plastidip the console and 'tombstone'. Two cans of red plastidip did the job.



I think this looks pretty nice with my red vinyl covered door panels, especially when the red hardboot is on. Unfortunately today we had to put the hardboot up in the rafters for the winter. I sense top down days are going to be in limited supply very soon.


When we bought the car there was no pocket under the radio, so you could see wires under there, and it basically looked like someone had already stolen the stereo thanks to the gaping hole Now everything is buttoned-up and civilized looking! And of course the other big addition this year was the glass-windowed top. This is turning out to be a pretty nice Miata, especially considering the odometer just rolled over 200k! For less than $2k, I'm having a LOT of fun with this little car!

Next comes the red wheels. Soon, I hope!


_

1 comment:

heather said...

It's looking sharp, Steph !!! I agree, the wheels will finish it off nicely =)