Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Framed at last!

In 2009 I posted a picture of my Grandfather's silk painting, and the silk painting we had recently found in an antique shop for $20.

Silk Paintings

Well, here it is a few years later and we finally got the second painting framed, and hung them both in the front room where we can enjoy looking at them. We had the framing done at the local frame shop, and I was really impressed with the way the new frame made the silk painting look so much better than the ratty old frame it had been mounted in. The matt really makes the colors pop! It's gorgeous now!

I don't care for all the shadows from the lamp below them, but eventually there will be a couch against that wall, and the lamp will move to an endtable.

_

2 comments:

heather said...

Gorgeous ! Brings back memories of when I used to work in a frame shop....

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Very nice!

~Lisa