Tuesday, January 01, 2013

First snow at The Rancho

 

First snow in our new house! Not much of a snow, just a dusting really. I went out first thing in the morning to explore the frozen backyard with my faithful companions

DSC_0052

Two faithful companions, reporting for duty!

 

I was first attracted by the apples that still hung on the tree, capped with snow

DSC_0007

DSC_0010

 

Frozen birdbath

DSC_0017-001

 

I went to the frozen fountain, and thought it would be fun to photograph a contrasting pebble across the expanse of ice. So I picked out a pebble and tossed it out there.

DSC_0034

DSC_0031

DSC_0032

DSC_0033

DSC_0035

Thanks, Barclay! You’re a lot of help!

 

The statues looked kind of haunting, draped in frozen cobwebs and snow

DSC_0013

DSC_0036

 

Snow and cold marked every part of the yard.

DSC_0025

DSC_0049

 

The little birds who visit the birdbath every morning must have been disappointed to find it frozen over. One hopped across the snow and left tracks for me to find.

DSC_0044

 

 

_

4 comments:

dotoner said...

Love the birdie tracks! beautiful photos

heather said...

They are all so pretty, thanks for sharing. Taken with the new camera ?

StefRobrts said...

Yes, all with the new camera, and the 35mm f1.8 lens, which gives those lovely blurry backgrounds. I think that really made the statues and the apples pop.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The apple photos are cool! I'm amazed that you still have apples hanging around. Ours were gone by November.

I also like the birdbath photo, too. Very creative with the snow outlining the shape of the birdbath and with the footprints, there is no mistaking what you are photographing. :)

~Lisa