Tuesday, August 28, 2012

End of Summer photos

 

This has been a weird summer. I’ve been working full time, with a ridiculously long commute, and the end result of all that is I feel like I wasn’t even home for the summer. Hopefully things will get better soon.

 

DSC_6683

 

I abandoned my garden, and it’s all overgrown and weedy. I planted a few tomatoes in pots on the front deck, and they might kick out a few tomatoes before the winter comes, if we’re lucky. BTW, that’s Saki next to the tomatoes, they were visiting.

 

DSC_6684

 

Mostly we’ve been working on cleaning the house and getting it ready to sell. It’s coming along better than I expected. But that’s another post.

Today I went out in the late afternoon and took some pictures around the yard. No particular reason. The light was so beautiful, I couldn’t help myself.

 

DSC_6737

 

DSC_6740

 

DSC_6784-001

 

This picture was not in focus, but I liked the pose, so it seemed like a good use of one of those funky filters. Look at me, I’m being artistic!

 

DSC_6785

 

My little perpetual-motion machine stops for a rare picture! Good girl, Navi!

 

DSC_6787

 

Barclay just wants to play stickball, he’s obsessed with it!

 

DSC_6700

 

Here’s another picture which came out overexposed, but is saved by one of those funky filters. Makes it look like I intended that ‘glow’!

_

1 comment:

heather said...

Ooooh, I really like the photos you got "artsy" with ! They ALL look fantastic =)