Saturday, July 28, 2012

Where I Live vs Where I Work

 

The other day we were doing a petsitting job at a client who lives on the hill behind us, way up at the top, with a beautiful view of the countryside. I looked through my binoculars and realized just how far their view extends from way up there.

DSC_6435

 

DSC_6431

Zooming in, I can see the transmission towers in Portland. And even closer…

 

DSC_6431-001

That’s Portland! It’s down in a river valley, so it’s just peeping above the ridges. I wish there had been better contrast, but you can just make out the skyscrapers, and the Fremont Bridge. I go over the Fremont every day during my commute, so I know how tall it is, but in case you don’t…

 

3591201180_5f9ecc4352

Awesome Photo by Paul Lowry on Flickr

It’s HUGE! It’s very tall, and a double decker. And just think, from that hill, 25 miles away, it is just a little splash of color down in the valley.

So that’s the difference between where I live, way up in the country, and the city, far far away.

 

_

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Amazing views up there!
A world away from the city!

~Lisa

heather said...

Thanks for sharing the views and bridge noted on the zoomed in pic. Neat!