Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Market

 

Local Non-profits had booths setup at Farmer’s Market in downtown Vancouver last week, and Dave went down to man the Magenta Theater booth all afternoon. While he was handing out flyers, I went and had a walk around the market to see what was available.

Fresh Flowers:

DSC_6339

DSC_6340

DSC_6341

 

Fruit from the other side of the mountains, still too cold here.

DSC_6344

 

A very cool bike! Recently I’ve become interested in bikes. Not so much because I want to ride one, I just got a crazy idea that they would be kind of fun to work on.

DSC_6352

Check out that motor!

DSC_6353

 

I wandered over to Turtle Place, a strange little half block of art and environmental displays. The center of it has this fountain.

DSC_6367

DSC_6357

DSC_6363

DSC_6368

DSC_6369

 

Wandered on down the road, past Willie

DSC_6372

 

Saw the old church where we used to hold our plays when it was a performing arts center. Now it’s a church again.

DSC_6404

 

Saw this lovely flower blooming against a backdrop of purple hydrangeas. My favorite picture of the day!

DSC_6410

 

Heather, look what I found! Just for you!

DSC_6412

 

I have been on a mission to try and capture the wind. I thought these flags, with the grass up on the balcony leaning over, illustrated it well.

DSC_6414

 

Back around to the clock tower in the park.

DSC_6418

2 comments:

heather said...

FABULOUS PHOTOS !!! Wow

Goofy said...

The bike was a Honda Valkyrie. Very pretty bikes. I know someone who rides one. The sound makes my heart THUMP!