Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Downtown


DSC_6175
Just some guys working in a hole outside my building.

DSC_6179
I went for a walk at lunchtime (with my camera this time), and I started walking up the ramp just as the signal lights came on, so I hurried up to get some pictures as the Morrison Bridge opened.

DSC_6183
When it is full open it is positively surreal to see the road going straight up into the sky. The lampposts are what gets me! Crazy!

DSC_6191
The hard part is getting up to the bridge lately, because there is a tree growing next to the onramp by the sidewalk, and in that tree is a crow’s nest. That crow has been guarding the area around his tree for weeks! He sits up on the balcony and comes swooping down to attack walkers and bikers passing through his domain. But I risked it to get pictures of the bridge open!

2 comments:

heather said...

WOW ! I never thought about the lamp posts going up , too ! COOL pic !

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That's so freaky how the light posts go up, too. So weird to see them sideways!

Cool photos!

~Lisa