Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflections

Our Camera Club assignment this month was ‘reflections’, so I took my camera downtown on a rainy day and spent my breaks and lunchtime snapping pictures to see what I could get.

IMG_1334

On the doorstep of the postal building, looking across the street at the Dekum. They sure don’t put details on buildings like they used to!


IMG_1338

Inside the postal building. I was just playing with my camera, because it was my old Powershot, and I’d forgotten how to change the settings on it. I accidently snapped this picture and I liked the way the elevator looked. Going Up?


IMG_1343

I want to go back at night and get a picture of the MAX going by that cool old building with the columns. It’s lit up at night with blue lights, and I think it would be a pretty cool picture.


IMG_1348

Walkers in the rain. One reason I brought my PowerShot is because it’s smaller so it doesn’t attract as much attention, and it doesn’t make a big ‘ka-chunk’ noise like the DSLR, so it wasn’t attracting much attention on the street.


IMG_1362

I had to overexpose a little to get a long enough exposure to do a panning shot and get a little blur around the bus as I followed it by hand. I like the way it turned out.


IMG_1370

Same technique with the MAX. Pretty impressive that the PowerShot can do this!


IMG_1371

Finally, just a shot of the sidewalk near the bus stop. I liked the reflections off the wet bricks.

_

3 comments:

heather said...

AWESOME photos ! I agree about the kachunk noise -and bulk! - of a DSLR attracting attention. I'm still not brave enough to take my camera out "on the street", shooting random things ;) Oh, and I also look up at old buildings details

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow. These are really stunning photos! You're so gooood!

I hope you share the Max at night shot when you get it done. I bet that one'll be incredible!

The last photo is great, too, but is it just coincidence that the Camera World sign is included, too? hehe!

~Lisa

StefRobrts said...

Ha ha, I just look in the windows of Camera World, I'm afraid if I went in there I'd go broke as soon as I stepped inside!