Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dog Days

Seems like I only have a chance to take pictures of the dogs on the weekends, since I get home from work so late during the week. Today was a beautiful sunny day, and we got to play outside all day. Barclay was my subject today, between rounds of stickball.


I am still LOVING my 35mm f1.8 lens. I love the soft backgrounds and the sharp focus on the subject.





This is the two year anniversary of our little Alki passing away after a three year battle with cancer. I've been so lucky to have Barclay to soften the blow, and then a few months later Navi joined the party. Sometimes Navi looks so much like Alki, or does something that just seems so much like her, I take a double-take. Rest in peace, sweet little Alki, you'll always have a place in my heart.

Alki

3 comments:

heather said...

Love, love, LOVE the photos as always. Hmmm, maybe that is what I need, a new lens ? It was one year exactly on the 25th that Cassie passed. RIP to both of our sweet girls.

StefRobrts said...

Aww, Rest in Peace, sweet Cassie too! I hope they're running in the fields and chasing rabbits together :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww Alki sure had the kindest eyes.

Wonderful photos all.

~Lisa