Saturday, February 25, 2012

Snow day 2012

Yay! Snow!

DSC_5491
We woke up to an unexpected dusting of snow. It’s funny how sometimes they know the storm is coming, and talk about it all week, and then nothing happens, and other times you don’t hear anything and just wake up to snow!


DSC_5495
Barclay knows how to enjoy snow…

DSC_5497




DSC_5499
DSC_5507


Our neighbors have been hard at work tearing down the rusty old barn.


DSC_5510
DSC_5508
It will be nice to see it go. It’s not a cool old barn, it’s just an eyesore, and I wouldn’t trust it to house a horse without falling in on them.


DSC_5533
Handsome Barclay!

I don’t want you to think I only take pictures of Barclay, but Navi just doesn’t hold still. She is constantly orbiting around me. She never stops running…

DSC_5493
Running…

DSC_5502
Running…

DSC_5503
Running.

And when I do try to get a nice picture of her dirty little face after digging a hole, she can’t sit still long enough for that either!

DSC_5517
DSC_5518
And..she’s out of here!

DSC_5501
See ya later, suckers!

_

3 comments:

heather said...

Glad you saw a bit of snow and the dogs had a blast playing in it. That is about as much snow as we've had here all year !

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I bet it's tough taking photos of white dogs with a white background. And aren't you a little concerned that you might lose the two of them in a blizzard? They have the perfect snow camo! lol!

~Lisa

StefRobrts said...

I actually had one of the worst scares of my life when Barclay was a puppy, and I lost him in the snow while out checking on the sheep we had then. He had been following me, and when it was time to go in he was nowhere to be found. Here I'm standing in the snow looking at acres of white, and my little white puppy is nowhere to be found. I ended up going all over the property, even up and down the road looking for him, calling him, and suddenly he appeared out of the sheep stall. He must have been in there busy eating some sheep poop! So yes, you can lose them in the snow! :)