Friday, December 09, 2011

Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip cookies

I believe I have discovered my favorite cookie - ever!

Oatmeal - Peanut Butter - Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found it in my old Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook, which I have had since striking out on my own as an adult, but I never ran across that recipe before. I pulled the book down the other evening, looking for an easy cookie recipe I could do with items I already had in the house and there it was. What a wonderful idea! All my favorite cookies rolled into one!


And oh man, are they good...

But not too good. You wouldn't want to sit down and eat a whole tray of these - which I always want to do with chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter cookies never last long at our house either! But the oatmeal in these make them filling so one or two little cookies, and you feel satisfied, and you've had your little sweet-tooth fix. They're perfect!

Last time I made them I saved half the dough for later, but it was very hard to work after having been refrigerated. So this time I made the extra dough into ready-to-bake portions on parchment paper, and froze them.



It was a little hard to do in my tiny side-by-side freezer compartment, but I fit them in. Once they've frozen I'll bag them up, and then they'll be ready for when I just want to pop a few in the oven for a quick dessert - because there is nothing better than a soft, chewy, warm golden-brown and delicious cookie right out of the oven. 

Go make some, you know you want to...

_

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmmm! That last photo looks so yummy (your photography is awesome!) that I am wanting to grab that dough and eat it now without waiting for the cookies to bake.

Now, I'm craving cookies.

~Lisa

StefRobrts said...

Sorry to do that to you, you'll just have to gather up the kidlets and have a cookie baking day! At least you'll be warm and cozy instead of out in the snow :D