Monday, June 27, 2011

Busted, again

Our 'new' lawnmower had a catastrophic failure a couple days ago. It started by throwing a belt. I replaced the belt and couldn't see anything wrong, but when Dave took it for a test run it started making horrible noises, so I took another look and found the bearing had blown apart on the big double pulley that runs the deck.


That assortment of bearings, snap rings, and spacers on the floor is what used to be the bearing assembly. The pulley itself got pretty chewed up too, so I ended up buying a new pulley as well. A bit of shopping around on the net brought the price from about $175 down to $120. I just have to figure out how it all goes together when the new parts arrive.


Just one more thing to keep me from working on the pony...

_

1 comment:

heather said...

It's always something.........