Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Incubator Progress


Since we were stuck at home because of the snow, and I couldn't do any yard work, I decided to do a little work on the incubator. I have been wanting to test it out, but I can't do that until I get new weatherstripping put on it, and I don't want to do that until I get the front refinished. Last week I bought the sandpaper I'd need, and some stain, and today I sanded off the old finish, and put a new one on. Once that dried I applied a layer of sealer to it. I hope that comes out looking nice. I couldn't get the hinges off without stripping screws, so I left them on and I'll clean those up with the dremel. So far it looks much better.

When it's dry I can put the weatherstripping on and take it for a test run, see if it holds it's temp and humidity properly. If that all works, I see no reason not to put a few eggs in it and see how it goes.

_

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! So exciting. I hope it goes well.

We're going to order some chicks this Spring to refresh our flock. Most of our flock is over 3 years old and the few news ones aren't giving us enough eggs for our family of 5. It will be nice to have some new purebred hens in our flock, too.

We're so thrilled, Jen and I!

~Lisa