Monday, August 23, 2010

Field of flowers


Our pasture is full of wildflowers, or as I like to call them, invasive weeds. It's all a matter of perspective. They're pretty, but if you don't keep them under control the county will show up and talk to you about it. So I mowed about a third of it the other day, then let the dogs out to play for a bit before I finish the job.


Barclay


Navi


Navi

Navi walked all around the field with me, then waited for Barclay to catch up. He kept stopping to dig up field mouse holes.

_

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The wildflowers are so pretty!
I;m glad we don't have anyone that tells us how to maintain our property out here. I like seeinf fields of wildflowers because it brings in more wildlife, like birds, small animals and butterfies.

That last picture is adorable. Reminds me of one of those slow motion romantic moments where the two lovers spy each other across the field and then run through the flowers! hehe!

~Lisa

heather said...

Great photographs ! I just love how the dogs look like they are always smiling =)

StefRobrts said...

Thanks :) My smilin' dogs make me happy!