Friday, July 09, 2010

Too hot!

Yes, I complained, complained, complained about the rain - but now all that is in the past! Now it's too hot! It has been ridiculously hot the last couple days. Because it was cold and rainy for so long the dogs haven't shed their winter coats - Barclay looks like a big wooly bear. Then the cold wet spring went directly to temps hovering around 100, and there's nothing to do but stay inside with the AC on all day and sneak out when it starts cooling off around 8PM.

Then the dogs can come out and play...

Some folks have noticed Jack has been absent from the last few posts. 

He's still holding his own with the white fluffy dogs

Sometimes he even gets the toy!

But then someone else spots it and races over to steal it (leaving behind the dog she was mauling)

What's that? What have you got? Is it a toy? Can I have it?

What is it huh? Can I see it? Gimme!

Let me see it, let me see it..



Oh, give it to me, give it to me, give it to meeeeeeee

Jack: I'll give it to you, you little punk!

*krnch*


You'll never catch me, slo-pokes!


Ha ha! Got her!



When she's had enough of being mauled, the chair is her safe time-out spot


Whew, break-time!


Into the water trough for a cool-off

Lay in the cool grass...


Just another afternoon hanging out with their buddies


2 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

awwwwwwwww.... looks like they are having tons of fun!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I bet they keep you entertained all day long! lol!

The photo, 'Let me see it, let me see it', made me laugh out loud. :D

Just think this summer will be over before long and winter will be here.
We don't even have A/C, but we don't have humidity, so it's never all that hot inside the house unless it gets over 100 degrees. We just find shade and a cool breeze and wait it out.

~Lisa