Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Rain won't stop me!

It just won't quit raining! Long after we should be enjoying pleasant spring days we are still getting pounded daily by rain, hail, and high winds. My garden plants are hunkered down under their covers wondering if there will ever be heat and sun. I haven't even bothered to replant my patio pots, and they are overgrown with opportunistic weeds. Since it has been too wet to mow, the grass in the backyard has grown so tall that it can't be mowed now. Seems like there's nothing else to do but put on a coat and break out the BBQ!


My little Cobb BBQ, perfect for hunkering under the patio cover out of the rain.


Mmmmm, marinated chicken for fajitas - yum!

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ooooh! I love fajitas and that grill is cute!
I can't even relate to having that much rain. Even in our summer monsoons, while it does rain every day, it comes in quick spurts during the afternoon. An hour or less later and the storm moves on.

Of course, that means that grass is sparse and barely grows here, but it means we don't have bug problems like ticks and flies. I'd love to have more green grass, but not the bugs, so I guess it's trade-off, eh?


Want me to send you some flippers?

~Lisa

StefRobrts said...

I feel like I NEED flippers lately! Luckily we don't have problems with ticks here either, I think it's too cold for most of the bugs! We get off easy that way. I guess that kind of makes up for the misery it's putting us through now!

annaliese said...

my planters look like that too! I just keep thinking 'at least there is green stuff growing in them' ;) this past weekend Jeff was able to mow the yard and about 1/2 of the field--thank goodness! I can definitely relate to the enormous overgrowth!! don't get lost in it looking for chickens ;)