Friday, June 18, 2010

Peppers, cucumbers, pickles!

Today I went to the store to buy some T posts for building a trellis for my tomatoes and beans, and instead bought some pepper starts, cucumbers, and pickle cucumbers! Problem is the cukes need to be trellised too, and I still didn't get any trellis supplies! I was going to buy 8 ft T posts to pound into the ground and attach a length of fence to for the beans to climb, and discovered the 8 footers were $10 each!!! Ouch, can't do that. I'm going to have to find some T posts around here to reuse, or think of something else to do. Today was a mild day, only sprinkled a little. As soon as mother nature turns the heat back on, I know I'm going to need to start tying up my plants somehow.

x

2 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

we took several of leftover electric fence posts and strung them w/aluminum wire...

StefRobrts said...

Thanks, I'll be seeing what I can cobble together today...