Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Chicken update

Mama hen doesn't like you looking at her chickies!


But they are too cute! I had to look!


These are 'Barnyard Mix' chicks from my egg layer flock, so they are Blue Cochin crossed with Buff Orpington or Buff Cochin, or there's also a White Cochin. They are quite a mix.


Interesting how the grey ones are getting blue and buff feathers.



I think I have two baby roos and four baby hens, but it's hard to tell at this age. Still, two of them have such pronounced combs that even Dave noticed. We'll just see how they grow out.

Meanwhile, in the brooder box, my borrowed broody hen is still setting on 12 more barnyard mix eggs, so hopefully I'll have more of these guys to pick from.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! I really like your barnyard mix chickies. Too cute!
Suc beautiful colors, too.


~Lisa