Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Beautiful Day...Miserable Day...Beautiful Day...

And today it's - Miserable Day! I went out to dig some holes for my baby apple trees and the skies opened up! It was hailing! Unfortunately Jack had just found an old steak bone in the field (my theory is that crows raid neighbor's garbage and drop them in our field) and I'd grabbed him by the collar and was trying to talk him into dropping it - can't just take it away because he gets 'bitey'. So I was out there holding his collar, hunched over, when it started raining cats and dogs! But I wouldn't let him go, because I know he really hates rain, and I figured he'd drop it faster the wetter he got. Finally I let him go and he shook and the bone went flying! I got it and we hurried back to the house. Dave helpfully snapped a picture.

1 comment:

annaliese said...

'helpful' Dave! lol! it is an adorable picture, though. and I'm sure you appreciate it now that you are inside and dry! :)