Thursday, February 04, 2010

Red bellied Sapsucker

 

This cute little guy showed up in our yard today. The cats were very interested in him as he hopped around the orchard, going from tree to tree, hanging on the trunk and pecking at it. 

 

I took a LOT of pictures of him trying to get a few good ones. He moved a lot and it was already getting dark out so I needed a slow shutter to get enough light, so a lot of the pictures came out blurry. It was also raining on me (and my camera) the whole time. I'm so sick of winter! It was worth it though, I got a few good shots, and the colors look right on. 


 

Cute little bird! I've never seen one of these around before!


2 comments:

annaliese said...

so pretty! and what a fun name :)

Mer said...

I've not seen one of these either. Good eye! :)