Thursday, February 25, 2010

More lawnmower blues...

My lawnmower, which I HATE, seems to have finally bit the dust. I had a pro out to look at it yesterday and his conclusion was that the crank was hosed due to overheating - apparently the mower used up it's oil on the last mowing session, and it got low enough the engine overheated, causing the crank to get bound up. So it turns, but just barely. He said I might get it running again, but he couldn't recommend spending much money on it.

So now I'm looking for a nice used mower, hopefully not as used as this one was, to hold us over until we can afford something newer, or we sell the place and move ;) Whichever comes first. Having a working lawnmower would certainly help push back the second option!

2 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

check around... I'm sure you'll find one! (crossing fingers for good luck)

dotoner said...

I bet you need a ride a long for the size of your yard - but if you want one for just around the house we have an extra push mower . . .