Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting ready for spring!

I finished installing the new gate to the pasture, did some more work on the fence between the garden and the shelter, and installed a board with pegs to hang my garden tools from under the shelter.

I also went down to the feed store and put a reservation on 10 assorted (buff, red, and blue) cochin chicks :) They don't come until the end of March, so I have time to build a better brooder box for them than my turkeys had last year. More projects, what fun!

And best of all, tomorrow a professional mower repair guy is coming over to try and get the cursed riding mower running again. Instead of finding myself swearing at it when the grass is a foot tall and needs to be mowed yesterday, I thought I would get a head start on it. This way if he says it will never run again, I can start shopping for a good used mower to take it's place. Every year we fall behind when the mower won't run, not this year!

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! So exciting getting ready for Spring!

I can't even think of Spring. We got 4" of snow yesterday. And I'm fully aware that we can get snow all the way up until Memorial Day. bleh!


~Lisa

"Lois Grebowski" said...

My stepdaughter is thinking of chickens, too...

StefRobrts said...

Lois, tell her to definitely go for the chickens. They are so easy to keep, give you fresh eggs, the rooster makes the place really feel like a farm and just in general they are very entertaining. I really enjoy our chickens!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

thanks. I'll pass your comment on to my SD when I see her tomorrow.