Monday, February 15, 2010

Around the farm

I got up this morning and took the dogs out, and went out to feed the chickens. My big buff rooster looks so much like his dad! (he's in the back). I threw some scratch down in the coop for the girls.They gave me six eggs in return!


One of the girls was impatient waiting for her scratch while I was filling the feeder and she ran out into the 'service' area, and scared Barclay. She had such a determined look as she ran up to him he turned tail and ran!



Then he stole the scoop. He thought this was a sure-fire way to get me to chase him, but he forgot I have two scoops now.

 

We came back in and Jack was in the mood to get rowdy!

Woo hoo! Running through the house!

 

Wheeeeee!
Then it was time for doggie breakfast. And people breakfast.

The other day I made Beef and Bok Choy Hot Pot for dinner, and I made extra so there would be leftovers. It's like an asian beef soup. So this morning I heated up a small pot of the leftovers, threw in some ramen noodles, and had that for a hearty breakfast - yum!



Then off for another exciting day at work...


1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmm! That looks so yummy! I love Asian inspired meals.

Looks like the dogs were having a great time tearing it up! hehe!

And that's a great trade: a handful of scratch for a half dozen eggs! Enjoy!


~Lisa