Saturday, December 05, 2009

Working at home

Nothing unusual about working at home, we do it every day! Our toy store has been bombarded with orders since Thanksgiving, thank goodness, because it's been a rough summer with the bad economy. So I, as chief box-monkey, have been packing my little heart out. But today it was too cold outside, the heaters in the shop couldn't even make a dent in warming up the packing area. It's worse than yesterday, and yesterday I did my packing dressed in layers, including my heavy outdoor fleece, wool gloves, and a hat - and I was still cold! So today we brought the party inside. Luckily there's room in the hobby room (formerly the fish room), so my assistant and I can do our work where it's warm!



Ah, packing boxes - it's not glamorous, but it's a living...

2 comments:

dotoner said...

oooh I bet you are glad you've moved indoors these past couple of days!!

Glad to hear the orders are rolling in - lets hope that keeps up right until the 24th!!!!

StefRobrts said...

It would have been impossible to work out in the shop, the tape won't even stick when it's this cold!

Dave has done a great job of ordering more toys to list as the ones we're selling run out, he's really kept the orders rolling in. He's the mastermind behind this whole business :)