Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One more down

Well, that damned hawk came back and killed another chicken today. I was keeping an eye on them, but of course it doesn't take long for him to do his work. I heard the fuss and ran back there and he'd just killed one of my young hens, and the rest of the girls were hiding under a bush out in the orchard. I chased him away with a stick, and herded the girls into the coop and closed them inside where they will be safe. I guess we could build an enclosed run for them. Someplace to keep them safe until the hawk gives up and goes away.

3 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Darn hawks!

I'm so sorry! I hope the hawks stay away from now on!


~Lisa


word verification: nestle

Here's hoping your chickens nestle together in the safety of your coop.

dotoner said...

oh dang it!!! Ooh that stupid hawk. I am so sorry to hear this!