Monday, November 16, 2009

Calling all chickens!


Today I went and refilled the feeder in the coop, and everyone rushed in to get a bite, and I saw everyone except Penny. So I walked around to the orchard side and called the chickens 'hey, bok bok bok', and they all came running. I counted them, and again I saw everyone except Penny. So I called her 'Penny, where are youuuuuuuu?', and a second later she waddled out of the coop, and stood on the ramp and gave me a look like 'this better be good' :) I said 'oh there you are, go back to what you were doing', and she turned around and went back in the coop. Now my question is, after all this time, does she know her name? Do chickens learn their names?

5 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

who knows...but my guess is yes...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! That's cute! Hey Penny! The Sky is Falling. :)

~Lisa

She's a pretty girl. Did she leave you a nice big egg?

StefRobrts said...

No, my girls are still holding out on me - I have one chicken who is laying an egg every day and half or so, and that's it! But we still like Penny :)

Mer said...

This seriously made me laugh out loud. How often do you call her by her name?

StefRobrts said...

I talk to her all the time, but I didn't know she was listening! :)