Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pizza time!


It used to be we couldn't have pizza unless we had a pre-made crust handy. However, I seem to have conquered that problem with recipes off the 'net, and a little practice. Check out my home-made crust! Look at the lift on that thing! I'm so proud!

I used this recipe AllRecipes - Jay's Signature Pizza Crust (I really like the AllRecipes site because people comment on the recipes and often they will give good tips.)

Last time I made it I used some yeast that had gotten old, and it didn't get much lift. This time I used a fresh packet of yeast, and it really puffed up nicely. I got interrupted after I rolled it out and fitted it to the pan and it got a second rise before I got around to cooking it, but it was still light and chewy and very good! I had no idea pizza crust could be so easy! Why have I been relying on other people to make my pizzas all this time?

2 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

I'm all about some ham and pineapple pizza. YUM!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmm! Hawaiian pizza? My fave!!

I like AllRecipes too because of the reviews and variety.

~Lisa