Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Five Star Farms


I did a website for Five Star Farms in Brush Prairie, WA. I advertised earlier this year that I wanted to do website work for small farmers and they could pay me in produce (I knew I wasn't going to be doing much gardening), and this is the only person who took me up on it. So she paid me with a basket of veg last weekend - tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, onions, red and BLUE potatoes, beets, peppers, baby carrots, and probably something else I'm forgetting. All fresh and from her farm or her partner's farms (they've teamed up to provide enough variety to keep customers happy. So this week I've had tacos with peppers and onions, lettuce and tomatoes, BLT sandwiches, homemade pizza (hand made crust with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden), homemade spaghetti sauce and pasta with steamed baby carrots, steamed green beans, I just can't hardly figure out what to do with it all!

It all tastes so much better than the stuff from the store - the tomatoes taste more tomato-y, the carrots taste more carrot-y, the green beans taste more beany! It's all so good! I wish we could eat fresh produce year-around. The growing season is too short!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nice web design for Five Star Farms, Steph. Sounds like you got some mighty nice veggies in return.

Your canine guest is a cutie, too!

Carol