Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crockpot Pork Chops

Yesterday I was faced with nothing in the freezer except some pork chops we had scored out of the 'cheap meat' section a couple weeks ago, and a very busy day ahead. I had gone to the farmer for another basket of veggies on Sunday, and so I had a lot of veggies on hand, including baby carrots and scallions, and a couple BIG handfuls of tiny red potatoes, most of them under an inch to an inch and a half tops. When she gave them to me she suggested they would be perfect for a stew.

So I put the scallions in the bottom of the crock pot, trimmed the carrots and put them in next, washed the potatoes and put them on top, and then thawed the pork in the microwave and laid it over the veggies. I added a half cup of white wine, and a half cup of chicken broth. Salt and pepper on the pork, and closed it up to cook for 8 hours. It was fantastic! The pork was falling apart, the baby potatoes were firm but not mushy, same with the carrots. I drained off the liquid in the bottom and thickened it with a little cornstarch and it made a tasty gravy. Yum! The crockpot saves the day again!

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ugh!!!! You're killing me here! That sounds so freakin' yummy!

~Lisa

dotoner said...

I LOVE my crock-pot. It really is a day saver!