Monday, August 24, 2009

Chicken parmasian

Last night I found myself with a countertop full of tomatoes that were heading downhill, so I needed to use them up quick. I decided to go for Chicken Parmasian, one of Dave's favorites.

Saute an onion, some garlic, and a couple bay leaves until soft. I also added some mild peppers because I also had too many of those and needed to use them up. Then I cut up the tomatoes (cut off the soft spots and gave that to the chix), and added them along with a big handful of basil. then boiled that down until it was thick. I added a bit of salt and pepper, and a spoonful of brown sugar. it was PERFECT! And almost everything in the pot was fresh off local farms, except the onion and bay leaves. Even the garlic was local. The taste was spectacular!Yum!

Of course the chicken part involves pounding flat some chicken breast (or butterflying one big one), using a flour - egg - breadcrumbs breading, and browing them in olive oil. Then I pulled the chicken out of the iron pan I was browing it in, added some of the tomato sauce, put the chicken back in and poured the rest of the sauce around it. Grate a generous amount of parmasian on top. Pop it in a 450 oven for 15 while the noodles cook. YUM!

5 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

YUM! I'll be over tomorrow for dinner.

:-D)

Lulu LaBonne said...

THAT does sound good. You guys get some good eatin' don't you?

StefRobrts said...

Well, we can't afford to go out and entertain ourselves, so I'm being morecreative in the kitchen :)

Jaynie Roberts said...

Please tell me you didn't go out to the back yard to harvest a chicken.....

StefRobrts said...

No, Ha ha! The chicken was fresh form the supermarket! :)