Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Hiking Trip to Amboy

Not a great picture of me and Barclay (guess I should have taken off the hat) :) Today Dave and D and I hiked to the top of Green Mountain in Amboy. It's just an easy walk up a logging road, but it's pretty steep. We saw tons of butterflies, a skink (which I almost stepped on, sunning in the middle of the trail), snails, and even a snake. Along the way you can look back across the valley and see all the way back to the hills around Battle Ground. There's great views at the top.


View Larger Map

Dave and D with Lake Merwin and Mt St Helens in the background.


Mt St Helens. It's a pretty spectacular view. I never get tired of looking at Mt St Helens. We're on the South side so you can't see the crater. Everyone made it just fine, and Barclay did a great job on his first big hike. We even stopped in Amboy for ice cream on the way back into town. Fun day!

If D posts her pictures of the butterflies (she took a bunch of them), I'll link to her blog :)

No comments: