Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Chicken tractor Part 2

Here is my finished Chicken Tractor!




Here it is with the access door removed.
This is a view of the nest box. There is a roost underneith the nest box platform, and a couple roosts under the A frame supports further forward.
The chicken tractor went right out into the garden, and we set it where I want the first garden bed area to be. Tonight after the chickens go to roost I'll go kidnapp a couple to put in the tractor. Once they've worked over the ground there, I will move the tractor to the next location and let them work on it. Although it seems unlikely right now, I want to turn this corner of the yard into a beautiful garden, with berry bushes and fruit trees. I know it will take a lot of work, but it's never too late to get started!





1 comment:

annaliese said...

good job!