Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chickens in the snow (or not)

When I checked on the chickens this morning I saw Big Bird out with one of his buff hens.


I was out in the pasture watching Barclay tear up a molehill when I heard a strange crow from Big Bird which I hadn't heard him make before. I went over to investigate and found him walking around calling for his hens. The other chicken you hear is the one buff hen answering him.



But the hens aren't stupid, it's cold outside! They were all in the coop nice and warm and working on laying eggs!


5 comments:

annaliese said...

I'm with the hens! brrrr!

dotoner said...

so done with this snow!

Goofy said...

Mmmmmm.... eggs... :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Now...maybe it wasn't really Eve that tried to lead Adam into mischief. lol!

What a silly roo. You've got smart ladies :)

~Lisa

WV: 'matine'
A snowy cold day is the perfect day to watch a movie matine.
lol!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Loved the video ... adding this post link to my Wordless Chicken Tuesday !

Hello from Minnesota,
SpeedyCat Hollydale