Monday, December 22, 2008

Super 8!

Who remembers Super 8 movies? Dave played with them a lot as a kid, and my Grandpa had a regular 8mm movie camera. So what better to do on a snowy evening than pull out the projector and go through the films.



Luckily Dave's a whiz with these things, because five minutes into the first film there was a snap and the projector started making a funny noise. Turned out the drivebelt had been replaced by a rubber band years ago and it had broken again.

A little projector surgery later and Dave had replaced it with a new rubber band and got the whole thing going again. Next post I'll have to show off some shots of what we saw!

4 comments:

annaliese said...

I have an old 8mm projector as well as old movies (including my parents wedding video!)--have never attempted to play them, but feeling inspried now! :)

StefRobrts said...

You should give it a shot! We're going to try and copy some of the videos onto digital so I can post them and share.

Lois Grebowski said...

I have several reels in storage...I remember 8mm!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cool! So whatdid you watch?

~Lisa
NM