Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rooster Tales

Well, my suspected rooster turned out to be a rooster for sure, and I really don't need two boys. They get along fine for now, but I don't want cock-fights down the road. I decided to put him on CL for $15, figuring if anyone was willing to pay $15 for him they probably weren't planning on eating him. Sure enough, I got emails from someone wanting to know his age and see pictures of him, and tomorrow they're coming to pick him up.

As you can see, he is turning out to be a very handsome bird (he's the one on the left, Big Bird is on the right), and starting to get a really nice tail. He's probably going to turn out nicer than Big Bird, but I'm already attached to Big Bird, so I decided the new boy would be the one to go. I tell you, I just LOVE these Buff Orpington chickens, they are so pretty, and they just look right to me - they look just like a farm chicken should.

3 comments:

dotoner said...

They are gorgeous - and you are so good with your farm - I'm in awe!

Lois Grebowski said...

Ooh! He IS one handsome dude...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

They are both really handsome. I love how 'buff' they look...so round, stocky and solid looking. I also like their glowing butterscotch colored feathers, too.

I don't know why I didn't choose any Buffs for our ranch, but in the future when it's time to replace any of our birds, I think we'll be looking for some buff chickens.

~Lisa
New Mexico