Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope for the future


Like many Americans we were glued to the TV last night watching the election results. The dogs even sacked out in the front room with us and didn't cause any trouble most of the evening, dozing away while the results rolled in. I have to say we were very happy with the outcome. Obama seems like the right man for the job. I think he'll represent us to the rest of the world intelligently, and with a dignity we have been lacking for a long time. I liked the plans he laid out, and I realize they may or may not pan out, I'm not some starry-eyed idealist, I know how political promises work. Either way, it's better than when Bush won by 51% and declared he had a mandate to ignore the other 49% of the country. Obamas speech last night inviting all of us to work together again was a good sign for the future.

2 comments:

dotoner said...

I thought you guys would be pleased! (me too!)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yes. I hope he doesn't let our country down. And I hope he only brings forth POSITIVE change, too.

~Lisa