Monday, September 03, 2007

Outstanding Sunset

Sunday evening gifted us with a sunset that really was unique, both in it's gorgeous deep red colors, and the odd little dot-dot-dot of clouds which lit up half red, like little upside-down flame tips. Click on the picture to see the bigger, more spectacular version.





While taking the pictures a bat was doing laps around the house, and kept zipping by in front of me, but I couldn't quite get a picture of him. There were mosquitos out there, so I'm entirely in favor of bats. I've had them swooping over my head while i was using my telesccpe, gobbling up the mosquitos who were targeting in on my body heat. Bats are our friends!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love bats. I have never understood why people are so freaked out by them. I'll take a bat over a swarm of mosquitoes any night.